Sunday, November 11, 2007

Eagle

Happy Veteran's Day!

First things first; we would like to give thanks to our Veteran’s both living and those departed. We have many rights in this country thanks to their sacrifices. God bless them, their families, and their commitment - we will never forget.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We woke yesterday to find the snow gently falling - I think winter has come to Alaska. We keep hearing how this is the longest "fall" they've had in years, the simple fact we didn't trick or treat in a foot of snow was out of character for Alaska. Well we are just fine with the timing of the snow; it's beautiful and relatively easy to get around in as it's not hilly like it is in Seattle. It is funny that the people in Alaska don't really know how to drive in the snow any better than Seattleites - they will be darned to admit it, however!

LuLu and I were invited to a friend’s house to put together 28-shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child and that was great fun! Beth is a lovely hostess and the three of us had a great time making goody boxes for children in need - that's RIGHT up my alley!

Church was wonderful as Rod wrapped up his first 4-week series here at ACF. It is truly a gift to watch and listen to him as he is guided by the Spirit to share. He is teaching in a way that confirms again and again; we were meant to move and Rod was meant to begin full time ministry in Alaska. This is super important for those moments when the emotion overtakes me and I wonder "WHAT THE HECK WERE WE THINKING??!!!”... God is SO good!

This afternoon we had Rod's Instillation Ceremony. An Anchorage Alliance pastor, Jeff came to speak. He talked about Joshua and the way God called Joshua to lead His people. Jeff talked about how God kept reminding Joshua to be courageous and strong. He prayed for Rod's ministry, our family, and for our congregation. Jeff then invited the members of Alliance Christian Fellowship, fellow Alliance pastors, visiting pastors and attendees to come up and surround us and they prayed over us (see the pictures below). It is wonderful and overwhelming to hear the prayers of support, gratitude and love - it was a lovely service!

One more wonderful piece of news; I GOT A JOB!!! I will begin the first part of December as a Client Associate for a large finance company. I will be the liaison between the financial advisers and their clients. I am very excited for the opportunity, the challenge and ready for the routine! I think the coolest part of the whole deal is that I will be working in the same building my dad built 25-years ago when work was slow in Seattle – how cool is that?!

Last weekend Rod, the kids and I went to the information center here in ER and took a little hike (pictures below). We hiked around about a mile or so and checked out the beautiful sights; looked for bear and moose tracks, birds, different winter flowers and trees – it was a really nice little jaunt. The best part of all is that we traveled about 25-minutes to get there; it’s just in our back yard!!

We love hearing from each of you and appreciate the e-mails, letters, phone calls and those of you who have posted to this blog. We miss you all very much and feel your prayers, thank you! Please keep praying for our house to sell or rent; whatever is God’s will and that the kids will continue to settle in!

With Love and Frostbite,
The Polar Poepping’s

No comments: